add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinion on this power supply

ose

1 month ago

For the parts I have listed . 249W is estimated. Am I underestimating that the Corsair cxm 550W is adequate \reliable?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ose/saved/

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

As long as you don't overclock extensively, that should be fine. If you plan on extensively OCing anything, I would get something with more wattage.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Am I underestimating that the Corsair CXM 550W is adequate\reliable?

The CX550M is a better unit than the Glacier from Rosewill.

The Glacier is a group regulated unit, the main capacitor is rated at 85C and voltage regulation on the 12V is nothing to right about either.

In fact, it's not on par with modern PSU units.

Last but not least, the Glacier comes with 3 years of warranty and the Corsair has 5 years warranty.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube