add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good monitor?

NoWards

2 months ago

What's a good monitor I can use for this build? I'm assuming I cant do 1440p with this build so I'll take whatever 1080p 144hz monitor y'all recommend. Also is a curved monitor worth it? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NoWards/saved/#view=dD6zK8

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

2700x with a RX 480? Interesting. Anyways, one of my favorite 144hz 1080p monitor is the MAG241C. It's a curved monitor that has a great VA panel. And its pricing is currently the cheapest VA panel on PCPP. Here. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6ktQzy/msi-optix-mag241c-236-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-optix-mag241c

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What's a VA panel? And I heard 1440p is better for when I upgrade which I plan on doing in a couple of months. And the RX 480 was all i had what's wrong with the build?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Nothing. Sometimes people just have weird ideas about hardware migration and can only consider the most optimal configurations for lack of imagination or ability to plan more than a day ahead. When I built my i7 8700k I was using a 3 year old (in 2018) GeForce 970 from my previous system for months before upgrading. I'm sure someone would have cried a river about it (or make an offhand comment) if given the opportunity. If you know your business don't sweat critics who practice the "art" of synchronized hardware obsolesce, they're fooling themselves if they think it has any rational basis.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So do you know a good 1080p monitor or 1440p? I'll be upgrading my GPU when the new line of cards come out.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The only 1440p monitor I've used is the Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" WQHD (2560x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS Display, 144hz

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-2560x1440-Display/dp/B0173PEX20

Which probably doesn't fit the bill unless you plan on upgrading to an Nvidia card.

And at 1080p I was using a pair of 60hz AOC IPS monitors, they were pretty decently priced for an IPS panel. Most of the 144hz 1080p panels are TN, at least the last time I looked. Which is fine, I just prefer IPS in my old age. But I think there's plenty of visibility and if you have a tech review you trust and they've done a best monitors for in various categories type article their opinions are probably as valid as any.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube