add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Overclocked CPU, can't enter BIOS

Bighorse5404
  • 9 months ago

So I overclocked my CPU from 4 GHz to 4.2 GHz and also changed the "CPU Core Voltage" Offset from Auto to 0.01250, and then I exited the BIOS and it just shut down before it got to the sign in. And now when I turn on my PC it gets to where it normally shows how to enter the BIOS and it just doesn't show anything but instead just shuts off. The Auto Core Voltage offset was at 1.392 so I'm assuming I am underpowering the CPU? Does anyone know how I could reset the CPU settings.

Specs I think are relevant. CPU - AMD FX-8350 Motherboard: ASRock 970A-G/3.1 Socket AM3+/ AMD 970

Thank you, and I'm sorry if I overexplained a bit.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 5 points

Reset CMOS Google it.

That will reset everything to default settings.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you very much.

• 9 months ago
  • 4 points

.01250 lol damn that's low

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Take out the CMOS battery or jump the pins.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube