add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Would Like An Option To Make A Custom Part A Video Card Cooler

Monoxidish
  • 9 months ago

You know how you can choose which category a custom part is in when you create one? I don't see a video card cooler option there, even though it is an option on the system builder. If the staff could add that it would be great, I'm currently making a part list with open loop stuff and I want to keep it organized.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not completely sure what you mean by a "Video Card Cooler." Do you mean a VGA cooler or a waterblock? Either way, these two parts are somewhat niche and most builds won't utilize either. For parts like this, you are able to use the "Add Custom Part" button and enter an Amazon.com URL that links to the part that you desire to use. I'm not going to speak for the staff here, but I don't think it is worth the effort to add a functionality for a very small percentage of the users on the site.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

With the new website design, they also added an option for a VGA cooler in the system builder. What I'm saying is that when you create a custom part, you have an option to choose a category the custom part can be put in (CPU cooler, storage, etc.), and all the categories are there to choose from except the VGA cooler, even though it is on the system builder itself now.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand what you mean now, you can't find the option for VGA cooler in the dropdown menu for custom parts.... Regardless, for now I recommend adding it manually under the "Case Fan" category or other.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

ok

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube