add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My pc is not giving me the FPS I think it should be

starwarsskier
  • 9 months ago

About 3 years ago I got a prebuilt cyberpowerpc pc and it is not giving me anywhere near the FPS in games it should be, in apex legends, it is giving me about 30 FPS which is no where near what it should be. Here is a picture of the parts in it, if someone could please tell me if something is wrong or I should just get something upgraded that would be great.

https://gyazo.com/73762386a6281fa98b85808d4863ec6b

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

On the ultra preset, sounds right.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m running the lowest graphics in it, with special custom settings pushing that even lower and I’m getting it

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Then that doesn't sound right hmm.. If you know how to open it up I would check everything, (mostley RAM), rebooting, then If that doesn't work and you still cant live with the results, then you should buid a gaming pc for the same price, and it'll likely give you more performance. I can help you make a list if you want.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks, I’m not really sure how to do much of that because I’m new to pc building and such. Also my friend was helping me make a part list, it’s not quite done but if you could look over it and do whatever that’d be greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch btw.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure ill look over it. Can I make a list *** well? Ive built A pc and know a thing or two about them. Ill be happy to help.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, it though i said a-s-s lol

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah sure thanks a bunch, I’ve gotta go for maybe 2 hours max or so but I’ll try to get to you as soon as possible, my budget is around 1000 but I may need a monitor, mouse and keyboard

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

woah sorry for so many replies its because my internet keeps realoding the page sorry lol

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess is that for some reason your PC is using your integrated graphics rather than your graphics card. An easy way to check is to go to the task manager and under the performance tab you should be able to see how your gpu is performing. Along with its performance it will also tell you the name of the graphics card that it is monitoring, see if it's the iGPU or your RX 580.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything seems normal from what I see

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it say whether or not it's using the UHD 630 or the RX 580?

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

^^^^ make sure you go to your graphics control center and make it use the dedicated GPU and not the integrated GPU (had that problem with my laptop)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Run this benchmark and post back with the results.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had a dying HDD affect system performance and FPS in the past. Try a little SSD to put your OS and Programs on.

Also what are your temps like, if the system is overheating the CPU and GPU will thermal throttle and your FPS will suck!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube