add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with turning on Motherboard

6o9

9 months ago

Hello,

I have an ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard and my case has not arrived yet so I am trying to test out all my components. I have looked through the manual and the only pins that have the word Power (PWR) are the 24 and 8 Pins. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this board and knew what pins to touch.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

The 24 and 8 pin plugs are the power from the psu. The power switch to turn it on will usually be at the bottom of the board in the header for the front case panel controls. Usually a plug for it is with the mobo and marked for led and power/etc, you plug the case into that, then plug it into the mobo (some mobo may not have extra plug). To turn it on iirc you short the power/ground for the case power switch, but double check that I have not done it in long time.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B365%20Phantom%20Gaming%204.pdf

Header is 13 on page 7. Page 20 for detail

• 6o9
  • submitter
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was able to get it working. First time fully building so I just wanted to make sure nothing was broken.

[comment deleted]
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a 2-pin power switch to really do a breadboard box.

No a simple metal object to short the 2 pins is all you need the same screw driver your doing the build with works great.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Like a jump-start? Good to know. And those built-in power/reset buttons are handy if a motherboard has such but certainly not this particular ASRock MOBO.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube