add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

compatibility notes

ben8547

9 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hdXHCb This is my part list and at the bottom I have two compatibility notes and I don't know what they mean.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

the M.2 error just means you will lose some sata ports if you use an M.2 Slot. it's pretty common.

the other is due to how PCPartPicker does dimensions now (dunno if it's a problem)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Just one SATA port thankfully but yes, you're right it's very common. Very rare to find that one special motherboard that doesn't disable any ports no matter how the M.2 SSD is installed. I cannot recall which MOBO has this lovely feature as its been a while (I think it was an ASUS).

the other is due to how PCPartPicker does dimensions now (dunno if it's a problem)

I don't quite understand why it's not working yet, but not sure if its due to they need to add dimension data for the RAM and CPU cooler along with the cases (pretty sure most the cases have this done by now or if one of the components doesn't have any info online to be detected). I'm guessing this is in a stage of work in progress.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Only one of your SATA ports will be disabled. I will specify which one that is:

When the M.2_1 Socket 3 is operating in SATA mode, basically this means if the SSD is installed as an M.2 and not as PCIe. Then SATA port 2 will be disabled. Meaning SATA6G_2 will be disabled if you install an M.2 SSD to M.2_1(SOCKET3) .

The other note is somewhat obvious, meaning PCPartPicker cannot determine the dimensions for the RAM's height clearance and CPU Cooler's height clearance within the case or each other. (yet)

I checked the case, motherboard, CPU cooler and RAM. All their layout and clearance heights, length/width are all OK to be built together.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube