add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB fan problems

Jordyvl93
  • 10 months ago

Hey guys. So after 18 years of gaming on playstation, finally decided to try PC gaming and build it myself. I found a lot of tips and examples on this site, so thanks to those guys. Overall i'm quite happy with the result, performance is great and the building went pretty smooth for my first time. There is one problem however, my RGB fans do not work like they are supposed to.

When you look at the pictures you can see that only 2 of my fans have the supposed RGB lightning, one of them only have a static green/white led that I can't change with the corsair controller Hub (I just have the regular one, not the Node pro). The LED of the 4th doesn't work at all. I tried to change all 4 into the hub differently (like 1 in slot 1, 2-2,3-3,4-4. When that didn't work, I changed them each until I tried all ports (also 5 and 6), but it didn't make a difference. I also tried to change with corsair iCue/link, but it wasn't possible. They all spin, it's only the RGB.

The Fan hub is connected to a usb 2.0 port on my motherboard.

Maybe 2 of them are broken, or do i need to buy a Corsair lightning node Pro? I saw some videos however where my setup works without this. Hope someone can help, thanks!

Pictures: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/edit/?userbuild=rWsZxr

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The power from USB 2.0 is 500mA, so your USB 2.0 port is supplying 0.5A x 5vdc = 2.5W, so how much power are your fans drawing... do the math.

I don't really know what hardware you have as I need specific links and the corsair website has bugger all information, the images link you have provided does not work for me. Your fan controller should be getting additional power from your PSU. I would have thought the USB connection was more for use of the control software not so much for the supply of power.

Which one of these is your setup?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube