add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Picture on Monitor when HDMI is Plugged into GPU

benruk99

9 months ago

Hello all, I just built my first pc and realized I put my HDMI into my Motherboard IO HDMI slot so when I switched it to the GPU HDMI slot I get no picture on my monitor at all. My PC is on and running also. Is there any help with troubleshooting that I can get Im new to computers and don't want to ruin it right away. Thank you

My parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V3RBCb

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you get a picture to display onto your monitor when you connected the HDMI to the motherboard? If so then maybe just need to make sure you have the HDMI cable fully inserted with your GPU. Even a loose cable can accidentally cause a black screen picture. Or sometimes the monitor isn't auto-detecting the correct video port and might need to force change it to HDMI to get the image to display onto the screen.

Maybe also need to make sure it's installed properly between possibly have to go into the BIOS and make sure it's set to Auto to automatically detect devices for the integrated graphics between the PCIEx16 lane detecting a dedicated graphics

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I solved the problem it was a silly mistake i still had the cover on the bottom of the GPU which caused the GPU not to fully be in the PCIE 16 slot.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Oops! Glad you removed it and would explain why it wasn't being detected. Great you got that out of the way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube