add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Alienware - AW3418DW

HiroNewf

1 month ago

I am thinking about getting a Alienware - AW3418DW Monitor. Is there any reason why I shouldn't? I was watching a few videos on it and they basically say it is the ultimate gaming monitor. Has anyone had this monitor and disliked it in any way? (I will be getting this monitor lightly used for 600$ idk if that is important or not) Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Overpriced as **** even at $600

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You really think so? I watched a video that said at like 1,000 it was a good deal. I mean it has 120 hertz, 1440p, great look with lights on it, and it is 34 inches. What makes you think it is not worth it? Is there is a similar better option that is cheaper?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Why do you need a 3440x1440?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It looks a whole lot better. In games like assassins creed, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 the graphics are just amazing. It is not that I NEED it but I would really like it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Why not 2560x1440? Much cheaper and can get up to 144hz easy

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I am not really worried about getting up to 144hz. I am getting a pretty good pc soon and it will handle 3440 x 1440 easy. I think 2560x1440 would be fine but I just say this monitor on craigslist and thought it was a good deal. I have been looking for a monitor for a while now.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I got it new on Amazon for $860 a few months ago and I absolutely love it. If you really want to take advantage of it, you really need a high end system. And for me, the difference between 2560x1080 and 3440x1440 at the same 34" screen size is staggering. I had an LG 34" 21:9 (2560x1080) monitor from a couple years ago, but I gave it to my son after purchasing the AW3418DW. Everything from games to just watching youtube videos is just so sharp and clean.

The only negative to this monitor are the stupid buttons instead of having a direction button for the menus. Honestly though, I don't spend much time tweaking the monitor, so it's not a huge deal for me. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this monitor and I know it will last me a while.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

alright thanks. I don't have a high end system right now but I am going to b doing a 2,600$ build soon.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have that monitor and I absolutely love it! Easy overclock to 120Hz with G-Sync and a DP cable. Has a very nice 1900R curve, mine has minimal back light bleed (don't even notice it at all), and the RGB lights have 20 colour options. Only drawbacks are you'll need either a monitor arm or a lot of desk space, and cutscenes in games shrink to 27" but return to full screen once cutscene is over. Movies are full screen, PS4 games and YouTube videos will have the ugly 4" black bars along the sides (so 27" basically). Not a deal breaker for me though as I knew that before buying.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I was expecting some things to have the black bars. I don't think it will bother me much as I am coming from a 23 inch monitor so even the things that only support 27 inch will still be better.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was using a 32" LG TV for years with my i7-2600 & GTX 970 and wanted to stay at that size. 27" is still surprisingly large and easy enough to get used to but it comes down to "me wants what me wants when me wants it" lol. I had the cash so I squeezed the trigger and no regrets after 5 months :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube