add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Second monitor won't display

havocxtreme
  • 9 months ago

The build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YmCh8Y

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble setting up my second monitor. I feel like the motherboard hdmi port is not enable or being picked up and I have no idea what to do from there. What I did do was go through the bios to look and was unable to find it (looked online). I also updated my drivers, did all the system settings and device settings. I'm pretty stumped. The cord works and monitor works. I tested the second monitor with the dvi port. I tried using the DP port for the main monitor but it's also not being picked up. Any solutions?

Thanks!

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

so your saying the second port on your GPU isn't working? (just trying to find the exact problem)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YmCh8Y

I'm having trouble setting up my second monitor. I feel like the motherboard hdmi port is not enable or being picked up and I have no idea what to do from there.

The issue is because your Ryzen 7 2700X doesn't have integrated graphics hence why when you use your motherboard's video ports you will see no video out, no detection. Use your GTX 1070 Ti's HDMI or Displayport. Your second monitor should be able to work from there.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

oh :( i should have read it more closely, i coulda said that D:

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey no worries. :) I do it too! At least I am not the only one aware about the problem.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I only have the display port for my gtx, would I need some sort of converter or spliter?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

No need for a converter or a splitter. You need another video cable for the second monitor, purchase another Displayport 1.4, HDMI 2.0 or a DVI-D unless you have an extra cable for one of those for now. Your GTX has 3 Displayports, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI-D. You can connect up to 4 monitors with your GTX 1070 Ti. Just connect another one of those types of video cables to your second monitor between the GPU's video port. Whichever is available for the second monitor and the GPU that isn't being used.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

That card has 3 DP, 1 HDMI and 1 VGA. Have you gone into Nvidia Control Panel to set up the 2nd monitor?

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

I am blind. I didn't know you can pull off the black tags; wow i'm an idiot. Thank you guys so much! Much appreciated

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey it's OK. Glad you got it. Hope it works! Certainly will of course.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Hahaha that's funny! Glad it worked out though, enjoy that second monitor :)

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

It works on my end easy peasy. Again, thank you guys so much. I had this pc since xmas and I had zero clue.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I have but I'm a complete scrub. I went to the multi monitor and nothing that is useful to me. On the card itself? Maybe i'm just blind af?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube