add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooler Master MasterBox Pro 5 RGB Fans

imabignoob

9 months ago

I am building my first gaming PC soon, I was thinking of buying a MasterBox Pro 5 RGB Case, I was wondering if I could mount the MasterLiquid 240R RGB on the top of the case because I don't want to remove the 3 at the front, I was also wondering if the MasterFAN MF140R ARGB fan would fit in the back because I want to replace the non-RGB one that's pre-installed.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

For the MasterBox Pro RGB Case, there's no top mounting for any Liquid Cooler and same for no case fans at the top of the case. For this case, it only allows a 120mm liquid cooler to the back of the case. And for the front of the case allows a 240mm, a 280mm, or a 360mm liquid cooler.

And unfortunately the back of the case, the MasterBox Pro 5 RGB, only allows 1x120mm case fan (1 Black pre-installed). And at the front is 3x120mm case fans (3 RGB pre-installed) or 2x140mm case fans.

Might want to look at a different case with your original plan, if you were sticking with a Cooler Master then there's MASTERBOX MB511 RGB or MASTERCASE H500 but both will not support a 140mm back case fan; however both do permit installation for a 240mm liquid cooler at the top or at the front but these cases are different with their pre-installed fans.

Or maybe think of a different approach with the case you had in mind. Or could look for a different case that fits your needs and wants better but might be a different brand or a higher price.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will go with the MasterBox MB511 and MasterLiquid 240R RGB on the top of the case, 3 Masterfan MF120R ARGB fans on the front and I'll use one of the included RGB fans on the back. Will I need to buy anything extra to connect everything to my motherboard? I will get the MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will go with the MasterBox MB511 and MasterLiquid 240R RGB on the top of the case, 3 Masterfan MF120R ARGB fans on the front and I'll use one of the included RGB fans on the back. Will I need to buy anything extra to connect everything to my motherboard? I will get the MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

No problem. And no extra parts required to connect directly to the motherboard. To connect each fan directly to the motherboard, you connect their 4-pin to SYS_FAN1 between SYS_FAN5. I cannot see the wire too well basing upon the product's images but you will use an RGB wire that is labeled with MSI pair with the 3-RGB splitter to directly control the colors that are connected to the motherboard (instead of the RGB controller). I think it's called JRAINBOW1 if it's a 3-pin or JRGB1 / JRGB2 if it's a 4-pin (You will know for certain when you see it). And install MSI's Mystic Light software to control the colors when you already installed Windows 10 to your primary storage.

The other option is using the RGB controller that is provided with an 3 RGB splitter from Cooler Master but you change the colors directly by the case's button instead of MSI's Mystic Light. However this option is not always something one will want because it separates color controls versus using one method only.

Keep in mind the MasterBox MB511 already provides 3 RGB 120mm case fans and the RGB controller (most likely the same or very similar type of case fans and same exact RGB controller and spiltter). You could just purchase 1 more 120mm RGB case fan for the back instead of buying 3 additional RGB case fans which you will already have with the case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube