add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New build wont boot into bios

lazygiraffe6
  • 9 months ago

I just finished my computer. Sadly iI had some issues and had to take it to computer repair place to finish it. And they fixed it booted into bios said everything was working and what not. I bring it home set it up try and push backspace and f11 to get it into bios along with testing many other keys. But it just continuely says "reboot and select proper boot device" I have no idea what this means. I also dont have windows 10 downloaded either even so I dont understand what the issue is let alone how to fix it? Pls help!

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

I just finished my computer. Sadly iI had some issues and had to take it to computer repair place to finish it. And they fixed it booted into bios said everything was working and what not. I bring it home set it up try and push backspace and f11 to get it into bios along with testing many other keys.

When you reboot your computer or shut it down and power it back ON, press DELETE to boot into the BIOS.

But it just continuely says "reboot and select proper boot device" I have no idea what this means.

It means as what it says. You need to reboot the computer and let it detect a device (or a storage) that is able to load up to a boot able device or storage. Assuming you will want to install Windows 10 which in this case your Windows 10 installation device.

I also dont have windows 10 downloaded either even so I dont understand what the issue is let alone how to fix it? Pls help!

You will want to download Windows 10's ISO to a Flash Drive, (At least an 8GB or above). And the issue is because you don't have an operating system installed to your storage. And sometimes need to make sure the priority boot is booting to a storage that Windows 10 is installed to.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Well When ive rebooted it I put in my usb that has windows 10 while it was off turned it on and it did nothing. It said the same thing. Does it matter if i plug it in while its turned off or on. At all maybe?

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Well When ive rebooted it I put in my usb that has windows 10 while it was off turned it on and it did nothing. It said the same thing. Does it matter if i plug it in while its turned off or on. At all maybe?

Then you need to go into the BIOS and change the Boot Priority to that USB device (legacy) that is already connected to your USB port. Or you could boot directly into the USB device through the BIOS if don't want to mess with this. Sorry sleepy here, I may mistype a few.

You should see it boot up the Windows 10 installation process when it boots to the USB.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Well yeah but I cant get into the bios alone. At all the screen just comes up even when i type DELETE and stuff to try to get into bios. It just repeatedly says the same thing over and over again when i press the button to go into bios. Ive also tried looking into the manuel to see what buttons get into the bios and all of them did the samething. Repeadtly saying that Reboot and select proper boot device.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Do whatever it takes to spam that DELETE button when you reboot the computer. As odd as this sounds, sometimes even a second moment later it might not boot into the BIOS in time. Unless I am misunderstanding something here. What is your part list so I can understand and help you better? Maybe a reset of the CMOS. Or turning off the power completely with no PSU's AC cord plugged into the outlet/power surge/UPS (wait a few minutes) and pull out the motherboard's battery for a few seconds and place it back in and see if this resets something that might have not worked before (basically default settings for the motherboard). Then try again the usual process of attempting to boot into the BIOS.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Alright thanks ill try that. Ive actually been tapping delete after it completely boots.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

try tapping the delete key (not typing delete )...rather than long press.

Is the keyboard connected and lighting up when the pc powers up? you using Motherboard USB Ports or ones on the casing?

Also have you created the win 10 install usb correctly, its not just a case of downloading and copying the ISO to the drive, there is a media creation tool. What size usb drive are you using ?

As Eltech says a partlist spec may help for more specific help to be given..

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the keyboard lights up and everything. Im using ports on the casing. But usb ports is lighting up just like its supposed to when given power too thou. The usb is like 100 gb usb so it should have download perfrectly fine. Im using a msi b450 tomahawk by the way. idk how to post all my parts on here.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It worked booted it up. But then when i got into the bios i clicked on something. Trying to download windows 10. Turned it off turned it back on thinking it would start downloading but It didnt. I cant get into bios at all now. Nor can I remember what i clicked on. I feel so stupid rn. Does anybody know what i pressed and or how to fix it.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

try holding DELETE, then turn the computer on and continue to hold delete.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

that Doesn't work

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube