add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
worstcaster
  • 9 months ago

I added a Dark Rock Pro 4 to my system today. Following installation both CPU fans (plugged into CPU Fan header with Y splinter) and one of the front case fans (plugged to Sys Fan 3 Header) were not working. I rechecked the cables were plugged all the way in. I eventually got the Dark Rock fans spinning by plugging to the CPU OPT header. The case fan is still not working. I'm thinking some of the fan connectors are damaged. I have no more free fan connectors. My current plan to fix is to get a Y connector and plug the non functioning fan into one of the other headers that are working. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I recommend a fan controller you run directly from the PSU.... I like to set my fan speeds manually for performance and sound acoustical reasons. Example controller for PWM, not the one I'd use mind you, but I'd just use the cheapest one I could get with manual knobs and set the fans to run at the highest speed I can accept for quietness.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube