add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fans and Motherboard Only Turn on When Display Port is Plugged into Motherboard

DrewciferChrist

9 months ago

I just got a new build and it runs great with no problems running pretty high fps games. But when I try to boot it up with the Display Port cable plugged into the GPU, the fans and motherboard won't turn on and the pc shows no display on the screen. Though if I plug the DP cable into the motherboard, turn the main power switch off and on, the motherboard and fans turn on and I can switch the DP to the GPU and use it for the entire time I keep it on. Then does the same thing as soon as I turn the PC off. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

While I don't know the answer to your PC question, I will suggest you should post your part list or type out your system specs so people can assist you easier.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

um, does your CPU have integrated Graphics?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube