add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

32" 4k monitor with LED back light (not edge) under $1100

perlovka67

1 month ago

I only found one: Asus - PA329Q 32.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor. Unfortunately the feedback is really mixed - very high chance to get a lemon and be mired in never ending replacements. Is that really important to have big contrast ratio that it gives? Need a really exceptional monitor for viewing 4k videos and hi-res pictures. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/perlovka67/saved/DwZZf7 (2 monitors shown for comparison)

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

your ASUS at amazon has only 56% of reviews 5 stars

I would pass with that rating

you have 5 listed, I am using the dell p2715q you have listed for 5 years now and no complaints

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Only one problem: want lager than 27" monitor. Too small for 4k resolution.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Also, bad feedback is solely due to getting lemons. Yes, it is not pretty to do returns, but you may be lucky.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Look like more budget needed or smaller monitor.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Or bigger (a 40" TV will actually be cheaper). Expect to do a lot more research when choosing that option.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You might look into a TV. One catch is that they only go down to 40" or so (but are much cheaper at that level). Be very careful of the frequency update (look for something with a "game mode" for consoles), as earlier TVs had 30Hz refresh from HDMI and were a problem (you need 2.1? or higher HDMI or you don't get the bandwidth for 4k@60Hz. Also make sure it can handle chroma 4:4:4 at that level [which will autotrigger a rant from me, but that's what your video card almost certainly spits out]).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Good points. Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube