add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC is unable to connect to wifi, even though other devices in the same room can. How to fix?

cyoo923

6 days ago

Hello, all!

Basic Specs:

Router: Linksys EA6350

Modem: Technicolor TC8715D

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

PSU: Corsair RM650x

PCI Wifi Adapter: TP-LINK Archer T6E AC1300

ISP: Spectrum

Number of devices connected to router: 9

The Issue:

My PC has not been having network issues until yesterday. Yesterday, my PC suddenly failed to connect to my home wifi network. My phone and laptop could connect to the wifi network just fine, despite being in the same room as the PC. When I plugged an Ethernet cable directly into my motherboard, my PC was able to access the Internet just fine. But my PC's wifi simply is not able to connect to wifi anymore.

I have tried numerous solutions, including:

Updating Drivers

Uninstalling Drivers

Resetting router/modem

Resetting network settings

Windows system restore

Disabling firewalls

Windows troubleshooter

And many more...

This is a video of what it looks like when I try to connect to my wifi network. Around 9 seconds in, look closely at the bottom of the monitor to the small wifi icon in the taskbar. The icon changes!

https://imgur.com/a/7kIOwJI

How should I solve this issue and get wifi access back on my PC? ANY help is appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Do you have the wireless set to use a specific IP address? and is the router showing that already assigned to another address? might be that another device of yours is using the same address?

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

I don't think so. Everything was working fine, then the PC suddenly couldn't connect. I hadn't made any changes to the router settings or IP or anything like that beforehand.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube