add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Hero xi memory question

austinerdman

6 days ago

Building a new system (9900K) want to purchase the fastest stable RAM memory I can. I talked with Asus they recommended not to go over 4000mhz although 4400mhz is approved for a few sticks. I want to put in memory that will work out of the box and noticed builders not going past 3200mhz. Will I have problems going with 3600mhz or better or just better to stay with lower speeds for stability purpose. I have been down this road before and it took 3 days to get it right with fast ram (not fun) on the previous Asrock build. Not sure what this board can handle. I want to build and go but also want to drive a 144hz+ 4k monitor. Any suggestions for RAM would help as this is first build with Asus hero xi MB. also quantity 32 vs 64gig. Thanks

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

I want to put in memory that will work out of the box.

With these speeds in mind (4000+) nothing is certain as stability concerns, especially if you OC that processor.

I would suggest going down to 3200MHz or up to 3600MHz at max.

More wouldn't do anything really.

Out of the Box will that Ram not work though.

You must manually select a XMP profile to get to that speed.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

um, if all your doing is gaming then you can probly just use 16 GB 3000 mHz Ram,

you don't really need 4000 mHz

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Is this just gaming, or other uses? RAM quantity is basically a step function, more isn't better, not enough is bad. If you're just gaming then I think 16GB is plenty, and you'll have an easier time getting it to run at higher speeds.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube