add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anybody watching the Indy 500 this year???

PCPPAccountant

6 days ago

I watch the race every year, but this will be my first year actually going to IMS to watch it and I am freaking out. It is only two weeks away! Qualifying is this weekend, and the race is in two weekend. Awesome race to watch if you have never seen it before. You will be on the edge of your seat for all 200 laps, I can guarantee it.

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

My grandfather will be into it for sure. He's always been into that stuff.

Me? Probably not. I think the Stanley Cup Final will be around then anyway so I'll likely watch that even if my Stars decided to not show up for Game 7 and lose the series

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Lol my Caps are out already. The playoffs have been awesome this year. Lot of hard play and upsets early on. Nothing like the NHL playoffs, they're my favorite championship to watch.

• 6 days ago
  • 2 points

Probably not. On the weekends I have a hard time being in front of the TV unless the weather is rotten. Inside all week, I want to be outside.

On the topic of the 500... years ago I went to the racetrack the week before which is during the qualifying. That was interesting and fun.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Yep I will be at the beach this weekend for a bachelor party during qualifying so I need to make sure I have a place to watch it. I love their qualifying format. I wish F1 would do the same...

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

I'll probably tune in, might wake me up after the Monaco GP, since there's a good chance it will be a snoozefest/parade. I'll be interested to see how Alonso does this year.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Yea the only day worth watching at Monaco is Saturday. I'm hoping Max can make it thru a weekend there without crashing. I'd really love to see Leclerc take this one though being his first home race with Ferrari. Would mean a lot to him if he could win his first with Ferrari at his home track I think. Odds are whoever is in front at the start on Sunday will be there at the end too.

Right now Alonso is not looking spectacular. Had the crash yesterday, but the Carlin-McLaren has not been quick. I don't know what the deal is. I think he will qualify, but I think Penske will run away with this one. Lot of others have a shot though, that is why I love Indycar.

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

I'll pay attention to qualifying, and probably watch the start, I'll miss Jim Nabors, I'm just not as interested in Indycar, NASCAR, and to a lesser extent Formula 1 as I used to be. LeMans is coming up, that's higher on my list.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Yea the WEC is a great championship to watch. I love watching Le Mans as well, that is one of my favorites along with the 24 Hours of Daytona. I'll actually be heading to Georgia in October for the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.

• 5 days ago
  • 2 points

I watch it occasionally, but I primarily watch NASCAR for oval racing. Went to Martinsville this year.

I am a Rossi and Sato fan though.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Nice, I will be at the Dover race is the fall. Would like to get to Martinsville one day too.

My wife's family are Sato fans as well. He's always fun to watch at Indy. Fearless little guy lol. And Rossi is competitive wherever he goes I feel like, so he will always have a shot. Right now, the Penske's look like the ones to beat.

• 6 days ago
  • 0 points

inb4 Nascar better reeeee

• 6 days ago
  • 0 points

no.

will be in China as part of a 4-week trip. ouch.

• 5 days ago
  • 0 points

no

nuff said

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube