add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I use a different CPU cooler or the one included in CPUs?

Herkes

6 days ago

I have a feeling that the stock CPU cooler included with a CPU isn't that good.

All i'm saying is, Is the stock CPU cooler good enough or should I get a different one?

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

For Intel, the stock cooler isn’t really that great, so it’s definitely worth replacing

However, AMD’s stock coolers are actually decent (can handle mild OC/XFR Boost fine), and aren’t really worth replacing (unless noise/excess heat/heavier OCs are in play)

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Which CPU? As Battlestar says, the Intel stock coolers are pretty marginal. The Ryzen stock coolers are better; the Stealth is acceptable if mediocre, the Spire is rather decent, and the Prism that comes with the 2700X is entirely competent if not the best or quietest cooler available.

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

It really depends on the CPU. Though any Ryzen or Intel that comes with a stock cooler can run on the stock cooler fine for stock speeds I would leave a bit of a note for higher end locked Intel CPUs like the i7 8700. Due to how Intel determined the TDP for it the stock cooler may not be able to sustain the boost clocks that are advertised and a budget 25-30$ cooler would do better.

If you plan to OC an AMD then I would use an aftermarket cooler and any Intel that can OC doesn't come with a stock cooler anyhow these days. Then how high of cooler you need depends on the chip and your OC goals.

Other part is noise and aesthetics. Wraith coolers arn't too bad looking but IMO Intel coolers are ugly and both can be noisy when the fans kick up in speed. Again a 25-30$ cooler would fix the issue like getting a pure rock slim or cryorig M9*(i for intel a for amd)

• 3 days ago
  • 1 point

It depends from the processor in question.

Your saved price list contains 4 builds with an i3-8100.

For that 4 core Intel processor, the stock cooler should do the job.

Now if you want it quieter, an aftermarket cooler would be preferable.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube