add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Id appreciate an appraisal of this monitor

ose

1 month ago

24" is the right size for my location. This will be used with my ASRock B450 Pro motherboard and a RTX 2060 gpu

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC4Z8X77438

ose

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I should be fine since it has a DisplayPort input (adaptive synch will work with Nvidia). The specs look good on it but I do not know if it is in the same league as other 24" 144hz offerings from Asus, Acer or Benq.

• ose
  • submitter
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thanks Im checking Acer KG24 (169) based on the comparison point. Mixed reviews . It comes with a DP cable. Im not sure the LG 24GL600F does. The LG dosent show any reviews yet also. I know Asus is a good name so there comparative monitor is a litttle more pricey.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://www.displayninja.com/gaming-monitor-list/ offers some good monitor reviews and lists. You can filter their lists on size, resolution, display type, refresh rate, etc. to narrow down your choices.

Here is a list of all (approximately) 24" monitors from this site with the following filters:

• At least a 144hz refresh rate
  • 1920x1080 resolution
  • Has a DisplayPort connection
  • Freesynch or G-synch

PC Part Picker Monitor List

Good luck.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

After digging through the manual for that display to check the freesync range it seems to have a range of about 60-144 fps that it can adjust itself by. I would hope it may go as low as 40 so if you have fps dips below 60 you may not get the full freesync experience.

I got a AOC - G2590FX myself and am really enjoying it. It has a range of 30-144 for freesync and is also a TN panel like the LG one. Though the blacks are not the darkest and I did have to colour calibrate it when I got it but for gaming it's really nice to have. It is nicer to have a larger range because some game engines no matter how good the PC is can have frame dips due to how the game engines work.

As sdwas stated nVidia only supports adaptive sync over displayport so use the DP cable instead of HDMI.

• ose
  • submitter
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Now I can learn something. Good to Know .thanks

• ose
  • submitter
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thanks for that info. I see the AOC-G2590FX has great reviews .

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube