add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Lights turn on but monitor,keyboard, mouse dont sork

Devun41
  • 9 months ago

This has started recently, I turn on my pc and the fan led turn on and everythings on but nothing displays and my keyboard and monitor arent on. My guess is the hard drive is giving out but its fairly new and I dont know much about whats going on so anything woukd help!

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not 100% of the issue that you're having but I would try to clear CMOS if you haven't already. You'll want to remove the battery on the motherboard, wait about 15 or so minutes, put it all back together and try booting.

You could try booting off integrated graphics if you're using a GPU.

You could also try booting with only 1 RAM stick. Try this in both DIMM slot 2 and 4.

If you have another HDD or SSD, you could try booting from that and see if you can at least get to the BIOS.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The single RAM worked, booted in a minute of so(still long for my build). I have no clue what it could be because for psu, everythings turning on. Only thing I could think of is the hdd sitting idle or something

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

now it only works sometimes with one stick

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Update: When I start up the PC, the lights and fans turn on however the keyboard, mouse, and monitors do not work/display anything. Every blue moon it starts up fine given a good time for it to work (still rarely). I have tried restarting CMOS by removing the battery for 15 minutes, using one RAM stick at a time, using integrated graphics only, holding the power button with the psu unplugged, and just about everything except bench test b/c idk how to. This has started in the last 2 weeks and before that everything was working just fine and I havent switched anything out or what not. Im starting to think that it is either the hdd or the psu but I still have no clue it could be something totally different. When I used 1 RAM stick at a time, it has worked only twice and has not worked since (I have tried every slot with all 4 sticks I have). Any input is appreciated! This things a pain in my side I just wanna game.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube