add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Booting problem

iorfp

9 months ago

Hey guys, so i upgraded my desktop and used some of the parts to build One for the kids: Ryzen 1600 Asrock x370 sliac Vegeance lpx 3000 16gb ram Samsung evo 960 250 2tb seagate barracuda Rx590 fatboy Corsair vs650 248vg asus monitor

I tried booting but it shows “reboot and select proper boot device”. All the wirings seems to be connected correctly. I checked the bios and i can see the ssd and hd. Vgi and hdmi seems to work with the graphics card.

Do i need to use the original windows usb that i bought to boot the computer?

Cant i access the os from my old ssd?

Anyway i can get an unlicensed copy of windows 10 and then enter the license key once i get a hold of the usb box? Unfortunately, i dont have it right now. Can i burn an os? Good place to dl?

The fans of the graphics card spins and i just bought it too but do you think there’s a problem with the gpu? I dont think it’s the ram(on a2/b2).

My current desktop works well btw, got the idea feom this forum. Ryzen 2700x Vengeance lpx 3200 Gtx 1080 Asrock x470 Samsung 970evo 1tb Seagate barracuda 2tb Dell s2716dgr

Thanks.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Read your motherboard manual on the m.2 SSD their probably a setting that needs to be changed in BIOS.

You should be able to boot into BIOS without a OS installed.

Yes you can download the iso windows file to a USB stick.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

So i tried downloading windows 10 os and was able to boot/install it. Now when i tried to save the os on the ssd, it won’t allow me. Also, my gpu(xfx rx590)’s fan stopped. I’ll see what i can do. Thank u

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

So did it install the OS or not you have me confused on the try to save it part.

Most of the new cards the fans dont run till they need to.

Were you able to boot into BIOS?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

so the main reason i cant use my samsung 960 evo ssd as boot disk was because there is MBR on it(this is what i was using before as boot disk). What i did is 1. download a win10 copy on my external hard drive 2. Make it boot option 1 in bios 3. Install a win10 on my new HD 4. Delete the MBR on my previous samsung 960 ssd 5. Make the external HD boot option 1 on bios 6. Install win10 but this time on samsung evo 960 ssd 7. Make samsung evo ssd main boot disk in msconfig 8. Delete win10 on new HD. Everything runs well now. Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube