add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build boot issues

Benji101
  • 9 months ago

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/J9kvXP

Hey everyone, I just started to build my first PC. I have all the parts except for the HDD so I thought I could build and start it before that one part comes in the mail. I followed a few youtube guides to get everything in the right place but I think something is wrong:

When I power on, and boot up the PC, every LED and Fan turns on, and none of the Debugging LEDS go on, however nothing shows up on my monitor. It's just blank.

I tried to take apart and rebuild/reorganize some cables, reboot, and stuff but I don't even know how to troubleshoot this. Any help/thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

If you've made sure your CPU & GPU power cables are plugged in correctly, the easiest thing I can think of is if you have your HDMI/Display Port cable plugged into your motherboard instead of your graphics card, since that CPU doesn't have onboard graphics. Edit: It also couldn't hurt to try each ram stick separately and in different slots.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Side note: For what you describe, this is what i have off the top of my head, but here is a great list to trouble shoot your PC not posting https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/perform-these-steps-before-posting-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Just got off the phone with MSI. You were totally right: plugged into the motherboard instead of graphics card. Thanks!

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Always a relief when nothing is broken. Enjoy your build :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube