add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Finished my new Build Motherboard light turn on Fans spin But no Display

tluis5312

8 months ago

I Finished building my first PC The motherboard light turns on all the Fans spin But no Display AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI- B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

PNY - CS900 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

MSI - Radeon RX 460 2 GB Video Card
Case

Rosewill - FBM-X2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply

Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Check if you have your display cable connected to one of the GPU's display ports and not the one on the mobo.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I did its connected to the graphics card I think it could something related with the ram

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

If you feel it's RAM related, take both sticks out and a mount one back in and try booting up. If that fails, pull it out and try the other one. Always check the mobo manual to see which of the dimms is best utilised for single/dual DIMM installations.

If you're using a displayport cable for the GPU connect, try a HDMI cable first. See if that works.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I will try that.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Still, a no, Before I connected the Hard drive, SSD, and Graphics card I powered on the computer (with the PSU, CPU and ram all connected) and it would not display anything. I based my build off of Oztalks build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErjIkriXKiA At this point, I suspect it could be the PSU or ram I'm starting to think I installed by ram wrong since I had to manually lower the clip surrounding the Dimm slots when I inserted the ram. Based on videos I saw you are supposed to put a bit of pressure on the Ram sticks and they should click in to place with the clip also going down. I can literally pick up the memory from the DIMM slot with the clip still lowered I also used this video to help me too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkiIW0Twj3U&t=435s

I'm still worried about putting too much force.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube