add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Error code 0xE0000100 when booting with USB Windows 10 Home Creators

TiHa
  • 9 months ago

Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zxdpkd

I just finished my first build and am booting with a USB Windows 10 Home Creators. After entering the product key it asked "Which type of installation do you want?" and two options, UPGRADE (Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications) or CUSTOM (Install Windows only-advanced). This is my first build and does not have Windows already installed so I chose the option that stated Custom and received the following error message:

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000100"

I went back and clicked the UPGRADE option and it said:

"The upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using Windows installation media. If a copy of Windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. After Windows has started normally, insert the installation media and run Windows Setup."

Both options return me to the beginning and I can't proceed with booting. I'm at a loss and have tried some solutions on other forums with no result. I appreciate any and all assistance, thank you.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I followed this post and fixed the issue!

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xe0000100/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube