add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan Buzz/Noise

KyleCURB
  • 9 months ago

So, I recently installed a case fan to my H500i, this is the only one I've plugged into the back FAN HUB. It's been making a weird buzz noise, and I can't figure out why. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and how I can fix it?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Check the cables to make sure you cable isn't hitting the fan blade.

It could be some vibration between the case and the fan. Something like this might help.

https://www.amazon.com/HONBAY-Rubber-Reducing-Anti-Vibration-Screws/dp/B077SLSV9V/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=anti+vibration+fan+mounts&qid=1559005344&s=gateway&sr=8-7

If you think the sound is electrical you could try plugging the fan into a different fan connector. If the sound persists it could be the fan itself. You could try exchanging it.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely not electrical, it is laying on the pump cable though, or well making contact with it. It could also be the case, as the case is metal.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube