add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Build Monitor not showing anything

gselvara

8 months ago

Hi My Build,

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gselvara/saved/#view=Kv7ZRB

I put everything together but the monitor is not showing anything. Monitor works fine when connected to my laptop. Can you give me some pointers to trouble shoot?

ASRock - B450 GAMING-ITX/AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard Dell - U2415 24.1" 1920x1200 60 Hz Monitor

Thanks, Gavin

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

That CPU does not have an integrated GPU and neither does that motherboard. You will need to use a dedicated GPU or a CPU with an iGPU known as an APU.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought since it has HDMI output it has an integrated GPU. ow do I tell if it does not have aGPU?

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

Most modern motherboards don't have built-in GPUs, so, if the display can be routed through the motherboard, the CPU is responsible for graphics. The thing is, however, some CPUs don't have an iGPU and some do. In order to find out which ones, look on the specifications page of the CPU or on its PCPartPicker page where it says, "Integrated Graphics: XXX."

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Buddy. Saved me a lot of trouble.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a graphics Card! There is nothing TO display picture!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought since it has HDMI output it has an integrated GPU. ow do I tell if it does not have a GPU?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

It only has a HDMI imput if the cpu has integrated graphics. The 2700x does not. If you want a graphics card, I can suggest the rtx 2070, gtx 1070, rtx 2060, gtx 1660ti. If you want a cpu with graphics, you will need to buy a ryzen 2400g or 2200g and replace it with the 2700x. If you will be gaming, you should buy a graphics card to have dedicated graphics.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I thought I had done something wrong. Thank you for the GC suggestions, I will look into them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube