add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PCI-E question

0syrus
  • 9 months ago

I knew i wouldn't get away with it this easy, i always overlook or miss something.

So i got my build together and have an all modular PSU. The PCI-E connecting to the MB as 2 cables that splits in two pieces.

The first set fits fine, the last 2 the shapes are different, the computer will not turn on at all. Or am i missing something?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The PCI-E cables shouldn't be connecting to the motherboard. They should be connecting to your video card.

The motherboard should have a 4x4 pin CPU cable and a 24 pin MB cable. Without these it won't power on.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

That was it! Thank you! I guess i really need to research instead of posting the exact second i can't get it right lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube