add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help pleeeeeease

jofi

8 months ago

Im assuming you saw all the e’s in my please, that being said I am really desperate to find out the problem with my pc ASAP don’t really have money to take it to a local pc shop or anything just have enough for one part that’s causing the problem. The problem with my pc at the moment is it just randomly shut off one morning and ever since, I try to turn it on and a few seconds later it turns off but the first time I try to turn it on after a while it stays on longer than normal I don’t get video on my monitor at all I’ve tried so many things I’ve seen online to try, nothing is working. It just doesn’t even get to bios at all. As I said before I can only really afford one pc part that’s all. Any advice is helpful, my guess is it’s the psu but I know there’s people on here with way more knowledge than me with pcs. Thank you for helping me, here is my pc part list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jofi/saved/

So my pc has worked recently not perfectly it sometimes freezes I can hear audio but it's not like it's frozen more of my pc crashes, it doesn't seem hot at all my gpu motherboard or powersupply. That being said it's acting up again but this time it's turning off within half a second, any new ideas on what the problem is? And it's shutting off and on, on a loop.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

Your list is marked as private.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

rip list 2019-2019

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

f

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Your part list is marked as private but It sounds like a PSU issue. If your CPU has integrated graphics, does the PC work when you remove your GPU and plug your monitor into the port on the motherboard?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

It didn't work at all even with just the basics with no gpu, but yeah it just randomly worked today. Scared to turn it off scared to keep it on

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Your list is still private, do the following:

• Go to your saved parts list page
  • Click on your parts list
  • Then click on edit details
  • Untick the private box
  • Click Save.

Then we'll be able to see your list!

Your issue sounds to be heat to me, when is the last time you cleaned your system and/or applied fresh thermal paste to your CPU.

Dust is a thermal insulator, meaning if your components are covered in dust they run hotter, clogged up fans do not move air efficiently or at all in some cases.

I use a Roymac horsehair art brush to clean my system, supposedly horsehair brushes do not produce static electricity, like acrylic or plastic brushes will, that will damage your PC.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure why it is still saying private but the box for private is unchecked for me and yes I hit save lol, but yeah it happened again turned the pc off last night it made it to the bios and shut down again now it's shutting off within five seconds again

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube