add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for Input and Opinions

PhdHigh
  • 10 months ago

I am looking to upgrade my current PC's Motherboard and RAM. I have a 1080p 144hz Monitor. I want to be able to play WoW at 1080p at a the highest FPS possible while at High to Ultra settings (I plan on raiding as well). I want to be able to play Battlefield 1. Also, I want to be able to play Borderlands 3 at high above 60 FPS. I was looking at getting the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon B450 AC motherboard with G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8gb 3200mhz version. I currently have a GTX 1070 8gb GPU and Ryzen 5 2600x. I would like to keep the price of the Motherboard and RAM at a maximum of 300 US Dollars. I would preferably like to stay near $270 if possible.

Feel free to add any kind of input you wish. I can not change my CPU or GPU.

EDIT If need be, I can drop the RGB on the ram and get 3200mhz if it means I can get a better Motherboard that will be better for the long run.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

How's this? Also, what's your PSU atm?

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $76.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $216.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-30 15:14 EDT-0400
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA 550 80+ Bronze I was looking at getting the RGB RAM because my entire build is set around RGB. I like asthetics. But I was wondering also if I could get a motherboard that would guarantee the possibility with upgrading to the upcoming Ryzen 3 later on down the road in the next couple of years. Kinda trying to future proof that for roughly 3 years down the road. When I built my PC 3 years ago, I built it with already preceded parts because I didn't have much money then. I want more of parts that will be able to play those games I stated for about 3 more years to come.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay sweet! My only question is what will I be missing out if I don't get a x470 board? I know the B450 will work fine, but I am curious of what you miss out on going from a b450 to a x470? Is it just overclocking capabilities?

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

The X470's permit SLI (who cares) and generally have better power delivery. Some will also have more ports of various kinds (m.2, SATA, USB). Right now I wouldn't advise an X470 unless you have an immediate need; the coming X570's will better support the Ryzen 3000 CPU's at the high end, and there's still the B450's at the midrange.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was trying to stay away from x470 because I don't do SLI nor do I ever care to.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube