- 8 months ago
For couple weeks now my games started to crash. There are few types of crushes happening. All the types appear after 10-20 min of gaming. The game stops, and after 20-40 sec screen goes black and goes back to Windows.
Type of the crash depends on the game:
- Game crashes as described above with error pop-up window and message DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
- Same as 1. but with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG message.
- Game just crashes and closes, goes to windows with no error message.
There were few odd occurrences as well. Once I experienced a crash during just watching YouTube with no other apps working but my browser. Other odd thing is that couple times after crash, the screen stayed black and I had to reboot system. When restarted, I saw Windows notification from AMD Settings "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure".
Here is what I tried so far:
- Updated GPU drivers.
- Turned off all overcloaking on CPU and even RAM (GPU was never manually OCd).
- Flipped a switch on my GPU from "OC mode" to "Silent mode".
- Clean uninstall and reinstall of graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode.
- Followed multiple online guides proposing doing workaround by changing registry entries (creating new DWORD (32-bit) Value called "TdrLevel" with value of "0" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Graphics Drivers).
- When all above failed, I did full clean Windows reinstallation. It didn't help either.
Is there anything else I could do to try to resolve my issue? Please, I beg for help!