add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SpiderPunk3000

8 days ago

Best Password saver that is free?

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 4 points

I use KeePass

There's a bunch of good password managers but I like KeePass because it doesn't require an online component. It's completely selfhosted as it were. I control where my database of passwords is. For an easy setup. You can keep your database in your dropbox or whatever you trust and access it that way but I just clone it every week from my phone to my computer and visa vera.

There is an android app that I use and there's a webbased browser version as well

The Downsides to KeePass - the interface is a bit techy. I like it i have a lot of control. I've installed plugins that give me more features but it's not something I'd give my sisters - it's all on you. I have my keepass set to make backups of it's database everytime I close out. If my harddrive dies I have a copy on my phone, If they both die I have a copy in my google drive

The Upsides to KeePass - I can secure my database with a keyfile AND a password so even if someone figures out which file on my computer unlocks my database they still need my password. - it's pretty darn fast and efficent - it's utterly free and gets regular updates

• 3 days ago
  • 2 points

Unrelated but how do you make a word into a link? That would be super helpful when suggesting parts/websites

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

It's markdown language if you want to look it up but basically

Word in [] then link in ()

[Text](http://www.link.com)
  • 1 day ago
  • 1 point

You can also see those instructions wolfkin mentioned, among other commonly used markdown, by hitting the "Formatting Help" link next to the Cancel button in the Textarea input when typing responses.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube