add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help me pick a Mobo

Divdor
  • 87 months ago

I am considering a couple mobos to pair with a 3570k. I do plan to overclock, but I have no interest in 5.0GHz; and possibly crossfire. I have been partial to Gigabyte over the years so if the benefits are significant I would pay the extra, but it is the most expensive of the 3. Out of the following, which would you buy?

Anyone who has experience with these boards, I would love to hear anything you can add to the discussion. Thanks!

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 3 points

why not ud3h? ud4h is a new model and it is priced higher than ud5h in canada... a bit overpriced imo. The only benifit you get from ud4h is the better audio chipset, and little bit better voltage regulation output. if you dont aim for extreme oc, ud3h should serve you well.

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

ud3h + 3570k at newegg = $359.98 ud4h + 3570k at newegg = $324.98 (Combo Deal)

I bought video card today. Mobo/CPU may wait a bit, but if all goes well. I will buy it this weekend.

• 87 months ago
  • 2 points

wow that's some good deal you got. The ud4h in canada is like $190. I would take that $325 combo

• 87 months ago
  • 2 points

Asus

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Do not get the Extreme4 it uses bad phases. I would recommend the Gigabyte then Asus

• 87 months ago
  • 2 points

I also read that the ASRock board was using D-Pak Mosfets which are an older technology. Didn't know how much that would matter. Thanks for the advice.

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

It helps keep a stable overclocking. The Gigabyte board is only $10 dollars more and it is a much better board.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube