add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HP EX920 M.2 A320 Compatibility?

Fierybattlehawk

6 days ago

Planning on putting this SSD into my build sometime soon, but according to a review of it (found under "Features")

"All HP SSDs pass through an extensive validation process to ensure they are compatible with the appropriate HP systems. For instance, NVMe SSDs will not work in systems using older BIOS code that isn't compatible with the protocol."

Is this SSD compatible with the A320 chipset? Is it considered having "older BIOS code" according to HP? Can someone help look in to this to make sure it is compatible?

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

A320 boards are definitely NVMe compatible.

edit: I'm not sure how old a board would have to be for NVMe to not work. Where you might run into issues is booting. I can run an NVMe SSD on a 2009 Mac Pro original mobo, I just can't boot it without some of the latest firmware.

But the A320 should be fine for both boot and non-boot use.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube