add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions for first mechanical gaming keyboard?

IncredibleJedi

5 months ago

Hello all,

I'm looking for some suggestions for my first mechanical keyboard that will be used for casual to moderate gaming and everyday'ish use.

I'm currently using a Logitech G105, which is basically what I'm accustomed to using layout-wise. Personally, I'd like a keyboard with M-keys (5 or 6), RGB, and something relatively the same size and spacing with keys, maybe even a little bit more would be OK. Price-wise, I'll consider mostly anything as I'm willing to wait for a good sale.

Right now, the Logitech G910 Spectrum and the Corsair K95 are on my shortlist. Prior to having the G105, I had a Logitech gaming keyboard (forgot the model, but it was with orange backlighting and had a small LCD screen, which was nice). I am considering the G910 only because of my past good experience with Logitech and consistency with my Logitech G502 mouse and G935 headset. I also have seen the G910 Spectrum (my brother uses it) and tried it a little, though I am hesitant because I know the G910 is slightly smaller spacing than my current keyboard.

Any directions to go in or other options to consider would be appreciated. Also, any advice of other things to consider would be great. I am a novice with keyboard knowledge and only have a basic understanding of things.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Here are a few choices, depending on budget:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Keyboard Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $168.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard $33.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon - DEVARAIAS K556 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $59.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Logitech - G413 Carbon Wired Gaming Keyboard $69.93 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon - K582 SURARA Wired Gaming Keyboard $46.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $379.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-24 20:08 EDT-0400
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Please do not use link shorteners on our site. If you'd like to shorten a link on PCPartPicker, place the text you'd like others to read in brackets and the URL in parentheses, like so:

[Link to a page](http://www.pcpartpicker.com)

which will result in:

Link to a page

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube