add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Having issues with case fans and motherboard. Please help

Lucius_
  • 8 months ago

I have a MSI b450 gaming pro carbon and a rotanium temper-tg302 RGB case which comes with 4 pre-installed fans. These fans are 5 pins. The case also comes with a controller which has 8 slots for 5 pins, a few slots for 2 pins, im not sure what goes there and a sata cable which also has a part that connects to a wire that connects to the motherboard. I initially had the 4 fans connected to the controller and then had the sata connected to a another sata cable which was connected to my HDD. The RGB worked ( it has a small remote with rgb buttons) but the fans were running at 100% and they wouldnt show up on my motherboard BIOS. It would says 0rpm for the system fans. Now i connected it through a SATA cable and to the motherboard, tried system_fan 1 2 3 and 4. Fans spin again at 100% but no information on bios. And now the RGB isnt working. Tried doing it just through motherboard but this time nothing spins and no RGB. Tried connecting it to the PSU sata cable and motherboard, no RGB but 100% spinning and no information on BIOS. Can anyone please help me?

https://imgur.com/a/eIMDdfC#yb6iX8Kalbum of my controller.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't seem to find much regarding he rotanium temper-tg302 case, but from what I understand of controllers, the SATA power cable acts as the power source for the fans, but subsequently prevents the motherboard from having any actual control over the fans. This is why they wouldn't show up in the BIOS and would only run at %100. I am under the impression that the first set-up you had where fans spun at %100 and RGB worked is the intended set-up.

If there's a different connector that would allow for the controller to hook up to the motherboard directly, I believe you'd be able to have RGB and fan control, but not for each individual fan, as all the case fans are being routed through the one controller. It sounds like you tried this already, however, so again, I think the best bet would be to have the controller connected via the SATA power cable only, and have the fans spinning at %100 with RGB control.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, i called the store they said there is no way to control the fan speeds, the stay at 100%. I tried connecting the hub to the motherboard fan header but this doesnt turn the fans at all.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube