add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cable from Power Supply to Graphis Card

longaldo

7 months ago

I have just bought the EVGA - BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply and have a PowerColor - Radeon RX 570 4GB RED DRAGON Graphics Card. The cable from the Power Supply has a clip on it so will not fit the Graphics card, do i need to buy an adapter? If so which one? Thanks Andy

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

The RX 570 should require one 8pin PCIE connector, which should come with the PSU from the box (the BQ should come with it attached)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

are you sure you plug the right 8 pin cable? this PSU has 3x8-pin power cables the first one is EPS 1x8pin(4+4) for the CPU and you shouldn't plug it to the graphics card, the other two are 2x 8pin (6+2) those for the graaphics card, make sure you'r plug them correctly not upside down. you can also watch these reviews

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

http://i57.tinypic.com/anot4o.jpg

Should look like that 6+2 pin. Because of the square and round pins it will only fit one way.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats great, thanks All

Andy

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube