add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

running into a problmen installing my Graphics card in my new set up.

Zewlander4

7 months ago

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($179.89 @ Amazon) CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon) Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon) Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($164.99 @ Newegg) Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon) Storage: Seagate - Constellation CS ISE 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon) Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($299.99 @ Amazon) Case: Fractal Design - Define Nano S Mini ITX Desktop Case ($75.98 @ Newegg) Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($73.98 @ Newegg)

This is my current set up I just received in the mail and was building it today and ran into a problem. After installing the mother board, cpu and power supply I went to install the graphics card and it doesnt fit between the mother board and power supply. Its about a quarter of an inch off. Looking for some help with this if there is a fix or what parts I need to swap out. Thanks!

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

There's not a lot of room for error in a mini itx style case and mobo. (pun intended, don't @ me Root_User)

I don't know how much you can swap out or adjust, but my guess is that you're going to need a different case that allows for more room between the mobo and the PSU.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

If you would of went to the nano s website you would of seen to only use a 2 slot card. The card you have is over 2 slots.

When I have used that case it is with a 2 slot card and sfx power supply for extra room so the card can get air.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube