add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I switched from a i5 7600k to i7 6700k

AnthonXRC
  • 7 months ago

Screen sits on windows logo or a black screen with the mouse can open bios but can’t get all the way booted

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Also gets a bunch of clicking sounds when after a bit

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you reset the BIOS?

The memory controller is embedded in the CPU so it's possible the 6700k is having trouble processing the memory settings for the 7600k. I've noticed that when I change a CPU, the settings in the BIOS do not change despite the prompt to enter the BIOS.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I fixed it I had to do a fresh windows install after clearing the bios

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube