add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Graphics card not detected

Whatthewaffles

7 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wHqscf

Hi all,

I recently moved into a new place and after I set up my pc I find that none of my games will launch. :(

After some troubleshooting, I ended up installing windows 10 (was on windows 7 before). I reinstalled my drivers, but when it came to the graphics card driver it loads and then says "This graphics driver could not find any compatible hardware". Device Manager only shows Intel HD Graphics, and when I plug a monitor into the graphics card the screen remains black. I have tried a different graphics cards, using the other pci-e slot, and lots of googleing, but I am out of ideas.

I am worried something got damaged in the move, but I've moved this computer time after time without any problems.

Motherboard: ASrock z77 extreme 4 CPU: i5 3570k

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 970 and I also tried my MSI GTX 660ti

RAM: 16gb

PSU: OCZ 750w

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Did up do the upgrade from Windows 7 or did you do a clean install of Windows 10?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Clean install of windows 10

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tried the lower PCIE slot? It's possible your motherboard was damaged during the move.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I have, and I have also tried different power supple cables. I think the computer is dead. RIP

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I think you motherboard is fubar.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

If its just the gpu download the drivers I experienced the same problem (Gpu not appearing) and that did the trick

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

OH this isn't a new build! mmmmmm sorry you might have to get a new mobo:L

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube