add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help a noob. New build Wont power on.

connorb409
  • 7 months ago

I just recently finished my first ever build and when I press the power button nothing happens. I am very inexperienced so it is possible I have made a simple mistake.

Link to the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z2vR29

The case I have only came with the PWR SW and the HDD LED cables. I have made certain they are plugged in to the right places on the mobo. The only signs of life I am getting from the PC is the lights on the mobo turn on when I plug the PSU into the wall outlet (better than nothing?)

CPU pins and 20 pin mobo connector are in place, ram is seated properly. I would appreciate any help. The build part of this site told me that all my parts were compatible and that I have enough wattage.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Look im not a proffesional but i'm 16 and i've built 2 computers and on one a hard drive crashed and it took me ages to figure out so I know how you feel but DO NOT GIVE UP ON PC BUILDING! I have so much fun upgrading and even just making part lists but back to your problem Did you use a anti static bracelet? (I've seen similar results without using one) thats all I can think of but I hope thats not the issue you would have to try and get a refund:l

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The PSU has a power switch, right? Does anything happen when you turn on the PSU switch?

If nothing at all happens, no fans no lights nothing, and you are sure that the PSU switch is on and the power outlet is OK and power cable is properly plugged in, then I would have to think that maybe the PSU is DOA. If you have activity from the PSU switch, but nothing from the case power button, either the case power switch is bad, or the motherboard is DOA, or the PSU is dead in a very particular way.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard has a power button by the 24 pin connector, what happens when you hit that?

Are you certain you have hooked up the 8 pin & 24 pin power cables to the motherboard and power supply?

If you got this far I'm willing to bet you have the front panels connectors on the wrong pins.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube