add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ear buds

Shadow2730

12 days ago

So I'm sick of havi g to replace the wired ear buds I have due to them breaking so I'm going to get wireless and would like to know of a good pair

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Replacing wired earbuds for wireless ones so they won't break as much.

Ends up loosing them 2x more often.

Skullcandy makes pretty good earphones and buds.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Skullcandy makes pretty good earphones and buds.

If you're willing to pay the skullcandy tax, i used to buy exclusively skullcandy back in the day and generally you're paying more for the brand. I would buy their $50 headphones from target,best buy,walmart etc. and they would sound on par with the $20 sonys my sister would buy. Basically once i graduated middle school i used almost exclusively sony headphones from then until i bought my sennhisers a year ago. They're not like turtle beach but in my opinion skull candy usually isnt worth your money. ( This also applies to their earbuds )

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

I've gotten pretty good prices on mine through platforms like Ebay and Amazon.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

I would go against skullcandy mainly because of how cheap and easy to break they are. I should note right now that I do use iems a lot. On my way to class, in class, walking to my classes, outside buying food, when I'm making food........ In short, I use iems almost all day and I bring them with me all day. With that in mind, skullcandies lasted me 2 months each. I've probably had a few pairs that reached 3 months but for the most part, yeah no. In short, I paid $120 for skullcandies over the time span of a year versus buying the RHA MA750 ($120) but having them last me 4 years. I guess you get what you pay for.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

What are you doing to your headphones/buds? I've had my headphones for two years and I'm fairly mean to them. I admittedly don't have much personal experience with their buds so perhaps they're worse quality than my Hesh 2s.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

I wish I knew what I did since I treat all iems the same. Well, I do know what I did, the amount of crumpling and cable stress that occurs daily. But I don't know any other reasons than potentially build quality (compared to my current iem list) as to why they break faster. It wasn't just skullcandies that suffered from this, sol republics, whatever earbuds you find at like tj maxx for under $20. All in all, the sub $20 iems all had wiring connection issues near the jack stress relief. But then again, being earbuds/ iems, I get to do things like put them in my hoodie pocket or fold it up to put in a bag whereas I couldn't do that with my headphones.

• 11 days ago
  • 1 point

Maybe that's the big difference in our experiences. While I'm not very kind to me earphones, they really don't get stuffed into pockets and whatnot so I suppose they just don't get put through the same sort of abuse.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Would it be bad if I said AirPods?

• 12 days ago
  • 2 points

very.

i say get out.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Fine!

storms offsite in anger

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

How much do you spend on your earbuds on average? If you buy the cheap under $20 ones you can't expect them to last a long time usually like 3-6 months. I bought a $35 pair ( not on sale anymore ) from amazon and they lasted me almost 3 years.

But if you want wireless i would recommend These Mpow earbuds from amazon its only $20 and the sound quality is really good for the money. Perfect for jogging.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Hardware > Audio".

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

The betron bs 10s are great. $10, absolutely amazing sound and still working after around 5-6 months. Better than most headphones.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

So I am debating if I should get Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones or Samsung Galaxy Bud

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube