add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which SSD is better?

RainOfPain125

5 days ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/88bwrH,TwWfrH/

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/HP-EX920-NVMe-PCIe-M2-1TB-vs-Samsung-970-Evo-Plus-NVMe-PCIe-M2-500GB/m488611vsm700020

I need an SSD for an OS, a few Game Servers, ontop of other random things. Which one would be better suited? Why is the 970 cost so much while the EX920 has more space and nearly the same performance?

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Samsung tax of course. Jokes aside, get the HP since it will have more storage.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

The 970 Evo Plus is faster, at least on paper, and has a higher write endurance. That's completely irrelevant in most desktop situations. Unless you plan on writing hundreds of gigabytes per day, every day, you aren't likely to come close to the write endurance limit of either one. Unless time is literally money for a build, I'd get the EX920.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Why is the 970 cost so much while the EX920 has more space and nearly the same performance?

According to the ssd.userbenchmark.com the 970 evo plus is significantly faster. So that's one of the reasons, besides the Samsung tax. If you read it and see "nearly the same", well then the 970 evo plus probably isn't a SSD you can be sold on, you should go for the cheaper midrange versions.

• 5 days ago
  • 0 points

I would choose the Samsung because it's faster and has a 5 year limited warranty.

Edit* Hp has a 3 limited warranty.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube