add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What to learn about?

Case5549

5 days ago

I know a lot about building a computer and it’s hardware so what next. I don’t know a ton about software and what not so what things should I figure out to learn. Thanks.

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 3 points

That depends entirely on you and what you are interested in. It doesn't make sense for me to just pull a subject out of a hat and tell you to go learn it.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Give me some ideas. I’m trying to brain storm.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Unless you know everything here and then some there is always more to learn about hardware wise.

What exactly do you mean by software?

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

I know enough to be satisfied with hardware and building a pc but will still learn that side but want to know software and the pc itself. I want to be able to do know things software wise like networking and similar things. I want to know my pc by its hardware and be able to do more with it. It's hard to explain. I don't blame you if you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

• 4 days ago
  • 2 points

I took a class on networking and I'm still convinced that it took black magic to come up with exactly how everything works. I would read "Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library by Wendell Odom", it will cover all of the OSI layers and it will also go into routers and switches (not how your PC works but it is how the internet runs).

If you have't used linux before give it a try and try to use the terminal as much as possible. Once again I can't really link to any resources besides books since I learned everything I know about linux through school. Ubuntu is a nice distro to start with. If you want to learn about how hacking and exploitation works (not script kiddie stuff) you could use Kali and kill two birds with one stone. Although you will want to know networking and feel comfortable with the terminal and its various commands before you get into this, don't try to run before you crawl. There is also programming too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube