add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Kraken X72 + i9 9900k overclock thermals?

glyphicality

5 days ago

Does anyone own this pairing, and can they report how well the X72 is at taming the 9900k? It seems like the 9900k runs a little hot when overclocking in some circumstances and I'm wondering if the X72 will be sufficient to run it at 5Ghz with comfortable temps.

Bonus if you're rolling with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, which was my paste of choice.

Comments

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

70-80 C judging from builds on this site overclocked to 5 GHz with that configuration.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

If mounted on the front of a case as intake, it can handle 5.1GHz at 1.32v and keep it under 80C for synthetic loads. For gaming, it shouldn't surpass 75C (average 65C). If mounted on the top of a case with something like a 2080 Ti dumping heat above, add around 8C to the above temps. This is going with the Silent fan profile in CAM. I used Hydronaut as my paste. The X72 is probably the best 360mm AIO that I've tested and one of the best performing AIOs overall. The stock fans are more than adequate and the six year warranty is unbeatable. I'm just not a huge fan of CAM, but if you just use guest mode, you can get the full functionality of your product without having to create an account or log in and transmit data to NZXT.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

I've got a Lian-Li PC-O11DX with nine fans total. Plan is to have the radiator at the top exhausting and the two sets of fans on the bottom and sides intaking, since that was apparently proven to be the best for thermals. Running along with a 2080Ti. Hopefully it'll stay cool enough to run at 5Ghz without worry!

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that is what I would do if I had the O11 case. If you are just gaming, 5GHz will be easy to maintain even with the silent fan profile in that case. Definitely nothing to worry about.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube