add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My internet dies but only at night

canfade
  • 7 months ago

My internet dies only at night but is completely fine during the day, I have realized it happens consistently when people come and leave discord calls/load websites. I have ethernet if that helps at all and xfinity. It is really hard to play a game when I have to restart it everytime It dies.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

weather can effect it, also nighttime is always worst because more people are home from work using the internet and hogging the bandwith. The more traffic there is, the slower it can be. Generally after 5pm is when I notice is goes downhill until late at night or following morning.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

A few things regarding your connection and a couple possible steps/things going wrong.

What are your current upload and download speeds?

-Thinner bandwidth could mean that your connection gets choked out altogether when everyone else (not just in your house) starts using the internet when they get home.

Is it when a specific person gets home, or just when anyone else comes by?

-Your PC and whatever other device is using the internet may accidentally share the same IP address, in which case you can reset your IP address via the CMD (google further for more steps) -I had this issue years ago and it took 15-year-old me a ridiculous amount of time for me to realize what was going on.

When it does happen, pull up the task master and check the "Networking" tab to see if there are any sharp spikes indicating a loss of connection.

-This can be another indicator of what's going on, and may be helpful to provide if talking to someone else for advice/steps for a resolution.

Lastly, contact your ISP if these things don't seem to do it. There may be a service issue going on rather than issues with the PC.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

my games should still be playable though and I should have connection anywhere I regulary should, can my ISP do anything about it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube