add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not 100% if my pc is bottlenecked

MyyNameIsZac

7 months ago

R5 2600 (stock) GTX 1080 G1 (stock) Acer 2560x1080 200hz 3200mhz ram B450 mobo

My main game is rainbow six and I’ve seen benchmarks where people on very high/ high hitting crazy FPS over 200 and even hitting 140+ on a 1440p monitor. If I set everything to low I eventually hit 190-200 but was curious if this is normal or I’m held back I want to play the game on at least high with good FPS and I’ve had people say it’s my cpu holding me back? Just need opinions. I’m thinking of buying the 3600x soon also so that might be a start

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Your fps on low settings gives an indication of what the CPU can do. Raising graphics detail settings doesn't usually increase the load on the CPU all that much, so I'm inclined to think you are seeing limitations of your GPU at those high settings, more than the CPU.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Very high - 110fps High - 140 Medium -160 Low 180-200

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems about right for everything being stock. I would suggest a light overclock on both CPU and GPU. Siege is not heavily multithreaded so high frequency is going to give you the most gains. If you can get the Ryzen up to 4.1 or so with a +75 on core and + 250 on memory for GPU you should see an improvement. Depending on the silicon lottery your mileage may vary with overclocking but generally even lower binned stuff can take a small overclock like suggested. Overclock each piece individually that way if you start crashing during stress testing you will know which component caused the crash.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube