add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not getting any display output

WaVaWa

7 months ago

Hi,

I'm new to pc building and spend most of my weekend getting this setup (see below) to work. When I start the pc I get all the lights and fans to spin. The EZ debug led of the cpu goes on for 5 sec and then goes off, no other debug leds light up (I think that is normal?). The problem is that I don't get any display signal (neither does the mouse or keyboard light up) so I don't see any BIOS. I did some research and already tried several things: - use the BIOS flashback + to update the mobo to latest version (also tried some earlier versions) - minimal setup: mobo out of the case, 1 ram (2th slot), cpu - use the DP instead of HDMI

I'm thinking i might have a DOA mobo but not sure if there is anything else I could try. Any ideas? :)

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/list/CnPh4q

update: I have read that the RAM debug light should light up as well (for 2 sec) when I start the pc. This does not happen... only the cpu debug light does this.

The setup that I'm using now to get it running just has the mobo, cpu, ssd and 1 ram stick

2th update: success! I removed the ssd and reseated the cpu again. That got it working! One by one I'm adding the components and it all keeps working. So it was a badly seated cpu is my best guess. Thank you all for the help!

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The setup that I'm using now to get it running just has the mobo, cpu, ssd and 1 ram stick

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The manual for the mobo says I have to always slot the 2th RAM slot first, should I try those other slots when I only use 1 RAM stick? I also found these DDR3 hyper x (HX316C10FRK2/16) I can borrow, will try these too to boot it

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I would reseat the cpu I’d you haven’t already since there’s no other debug lighting up. Also try a different monitor or tv then swap back if it fixes.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I have reseated and checked the cpu looks all clean and fitting to me, also tried plugging it into my tv. Still no signal

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thx for the info, will not try that. And yes I have tried both the IGPU (removed the GPU) and GPU.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I have tried all RAM slots now, the PSU does spin for 3 sec when it starts and using the IGPU

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube