add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Problems turning on.

Kstewart10
  • 7 months ago

Hey everyone. This is my very very first build so please bare with me. I “completed” my build tonight, but after completion I hit the power button on the case and it didn’t work. The led light around the power button turned on for a split second and then turned off. My liquid cooler also did this; the fans spun for a split second and then turned off. To be honest I don’t even think the fan on the power supply spun. Nothing happened at all. All the cables are connected correctly I triple checked. However, I do not have a graphics card yet as it is coming soon and I don’t know if that is what’s preventing my computer from starting. I’m using an Intel i7-9700k processor with an Asrock z390 Pro4 motherboard. Also am Using a Corsair 650watt psu. Just really need some assistance. I’ve spent a lot of money already and would hate to have to replace something which I feel I might have to. Please help.

Also. Looking at the mobo instructor manual it doesn’t list DDR4-3000 as compatible RAM and that is what I’m using. However, even when I take the ram out and try and start it I get the same results.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you post a full component list? That may help us visualize and troubleshoot what's causing this error.

Before going forward, definitely unpower the whole system. In the event something got shorted or there's a faulty component, you don't want to keep pumping electricity through it.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't boot up a system without ram, so it's normal that it won't boot when you take the ram out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube